Wednesday, September 17, 2008

sorry, I forgot to pass this up.

1) I think he's a bit grateful to the sea. In the last line of the poem, the author says 'lived on, and so did I, while he states in the previous lines that so many 'beautiful' men weren't as lucky. Maybe he feels indebted to it for spearing his own life.

This imagery reveals this particular attitude throughout the stanza, but he makes it more clear in the last line.

2) I think the second stanza is leaning more towards admiration that gratitude. This is revealed in the lines 'I watched their rich attire, Blue, glossy, green, and velvet black'. He seems more awed the beauty of the water than mournful for the loss of his comrades.

1 comment:

Hehe im a Blogger Now said...

o yea a thesis statement is the sentence after your attention getter that states your thesis or main point, you know, what you are arguing. ^_^